As a keynote speaker, successful five-time entrepreneur, and global trainer, Steve blends deep, real-world experience with an engaging stage presence designed to capture attention, provoke thoughts, and drive real action. Every session is customized to drive the greatest possible impact, combining engaging stories (including personal failures) and practical tools and techniques that drive attendees to learn and act!
Steve Lowisz is the go-to expert on talent acquisition, talent optimization, personal development, diversity & inclusion, and business performance for a startup, equity-backed, and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. He has more than two decades of experience helping companies find and unlock the performance of their teams. Fact about Steve:
- CEO of the Qualigence Group of Companies that he founded in 1999
- Served on the board of multiple non-profit organizations including Pathways Family Centers and Wheels for
- Warriors and is the founding member of the Qualigence Cares Foundation.
- Steve has been featured in Fortune Magazine, CNN Money, The Detroit Free Press and on Bloomberg Radio.
Founder, Recruiter Central.
Luke Doubler is an innovator in talent sourcing. He has trained 1000s of corporate and agency recruiters to be the best at what they do: source talent to achieve a purpose. His listen first, transformational leadership style and commitment to peer development is unique in the search firm industry.
Notable Career Accomplishments
- 15+ years of corporate and agency recruiting leadership
- Dozens of speaking engagements on sourcing topics ranging from national audiences to local meet-ups.
- Lead sourcer for Target’s cybersecurity recruiting team, post data breach
- Lead sourcer for Target.com and infrastructure
- Lead sourcer for Target’s executive search team
- Developed corporate in-house sourcing and recruiting models for Cargill, Schwans, and Target
- Guest blogger on various HR and recruiting publications
Doug is a renowned entrepreneur and innovator of talent technology, founding startups like techies.com and Jobs2web (acquired by SuccessFactors/SAP for $110M) and raising over $125M dollars in venture capital. Doug is an active investor and advisor to several bleeding-edge technology companies and serves as Chief Zapper of ZAPinfo.io, one of the fastest-growing recruitment automation platforms in the market, interfacing with more than 100 talent platforms, social networks, and search engines globally.
JP Bertram is the Vice President of Marketing at RolePoint. RolePoint is a pioneering Human Resource enterprise software company that has helped over 150 companies and 1 million end-users make their employee referral program experience better. JP has overseen RolePoint's go to market development strategy for over six years. Earlier this year, RolePoint joined forces with Jobvite, Talemetry, and Canvas to provide the first candidate-centric recruitment platform in one of the most exciting roll-ups in HR tech history.
JP graduated from Oregon State University (Go Beavs!) and enjoys living in beautiful Portland with his wife Annie and son Everett.
Dustin is a talent acquisition veteran with a diverse recruiting experience that spans both agency and in-house corporate settings across a wide variety of industries. Starting his career at Aerotek, he has since worked with David Evans & Associates, Adidas, and is currently at Nike. A manager and builder of high performing recruiting teams and effective recruiting strategies, he prides himself on creative use of data and analytics in storytelling.
He is also a world traveler, proud father, and a massive Portland Trail Blazers fan. Having lived in 4 countries and visited over 30 in his adult life, Dustin is a recognized global collaborator who has been successful in adapting all that he has learned from his nomadic lifestyle to the business world. Rip City.
8:30 - 9:00: Check-in and networking
9:00 - 9:10: Kickoff with Jason Buss, Founder, Recruiters Network
9:10 - 9:50: Steve Lowisz- Recruiting Sucks...But It Doesn't Have To!
9:50 - 10:35: Luke Doubler- From Recruiter to Blogger, Marketing Tactics for Recruiters
10:35 - 10:55 Break
10:55 - 11:00: Prize Drawings & Announcements
11:00-11:20: JP Bertram- Market Update
11:20 - 12:00: Doug Berg- 2020 Recruiting
12:00: Wrap up
Recruiting Sucks...But It Doesn't Have To!
Recruiting is about understanding the real drivers of the other party and presenting a compelling picture of a future possibility. Effective recruiting is NOT about pitching a “great opportunity” to someone you know little to nothing about. In this session, you will learn the 5 Keys to increasing your influence as a talent acquisition expert. Through this interactive discussion around the practical skills every professional recruiter needs to master, you will leave with multiple strategies you can implement immediately to increase your success in every recruiting conversation.
Attendees will walk away with:
- An understanding of the power of purpose
- Effective strategies to communicate the message
- Mastering the art of questions
- How to have an influencing mindset
- Ways to take compelling action
From Recruiter to Blogger, Marketing Tactics for Recruiters
Luke Doubler, owner of the technical search firm RecruiterCentral and former recruiting leader for Target and Cargill will present on "From Recruiter to Blogger to Business Owner, lessons learned from a top blogging innovator"
He and his wife Kate Doubler, Registered Nurse, BSN, and founder of the blog www.realfoodrn.com have touched millions with their message of healthy, whole food diets. During this session, Luke shares lessons learned with his wife and will give you new and innovative ways to incorporate tools and tactics of a successful blogger into your recruiting routines.
Attendees will learn:
- Tips on how recruiters develop their personal online brand
- How to be a brand ambassador for your company
- Lessons in SEO (search engine optimization) and how to get maximum exposure to a target audience
- How to create and maintain a talent community
- Simple steps and tools to greatly increase the visibility of your job postings
- How to get higher response rates on your recruiting efforts
- How top bloggers develop their online brand
- Tools and tactics that will save you time and produce better candidates
Recruiting has changed dramatically in the last 20 years, and recruiting in 2020 will look even more different than it does today. Advances in technology and consumer marketing alongside the advent of AI, bots, and automation have changed the game. It’s never been more confusing to understand the technology available, how it can work together, and what you should be considering NOW to be ready for the next generation of recruiting.
Doug will share the biggest trends and technologies in the talent market - the ones truly changing the hiring game - that need to be considered in 2019 to give you a clear vision of what recruiting will look like in 2020 and beyond.